Axiata plans $500M tower IPO

first_imgHome Axiata plans $500M tower IPO Tags SoftBank buys into Axiata digital marketing unit Southeast Asian operator group Axiata is planning a Malaysian IPO for its tower assets in Indonesia, with hopes of raising at least $500 million, Bloomberg reports.The company is working with CIMB Group Holdings, Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan Chase on the IPO which could happen in Kuala Lumpur in 2014.Sources said that Axiata has received a bid for its PT Axis Telecom Indonesia business amid growing competition in Indonesia.Axiata has been looking at shaking up its telecom tower assets for some time. It cancelled the sale of 7,000 towers in Indonesia in April last year after a lack of interest in the assets. Reports in November 2011 suggested three local firms had expressed an interest. Axiata also abandoned a tower sale in 2008 due to the global financial crisis.Axiata was reported in June 2012 to have approached Indian operator Idea Cellular (in which it has a 20 per cent stake), about the acquisition of more than 8,000 towers to boost its international business and create a unified tower business across seven markets.In February, Focus Malaysia reported that Axiata plans to spin off its tower assets in seven markets to create a single entity with a market value of between MYR8 billion and MY10 billion ($2.4 billion to $3 billion). Axiata Group cautious on earnings AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 27 AUG 2013 Previous ArticleTelefonica’s sweetened E-Plus bid gets America Movil supportNext ArticleMore 1800MHz spectrum up for sale in India Telenor, Axiata plot Malaysian merger Tim Ferguson Tim joined Mobile World Live in August 2011 and works across all channels, with a particular focus on apps. He came to the GSMA with five years of tech journalism experience, having started his career as a reporter… More Read more Author Related AxiataFinanciallast_img read more

‘Planned’ dig underway in Cashelard linked to Mary Boyle case

first_img Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+ Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Homepage BannerNews Google+ Pinterest Facebook A search of land is being carried out by gardaí investigating the disappearance of Mary Boyle.Officers from the garda investigation team in the Northern Region this morning began a dig in an area near where the six-year-old disappeared in Cashelard in 1977.A Garda spokesperson says the search had been planned for some time and that it is being carried out at the request of the family.The area was previously searched but no evidence that would progress the case was found.The dig comes in the same week that gardaí confirmed that a second review of the case is to be carried out by the Serious Crime Review Team. Facebook Pregnant women can receive Covid vaccine at LYIT’s vaccination centre ‘Planned’ dig underway in Cashelard linked to Mary Boyle casecenter_img Pinterest By News Highland – July 15, 2016 Twitter 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Previous articleDonegal woman caught in Nice in wake of terror attackNext articleNeil McGee returns to Donegal starting side for Ulster Final News Highland Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Lárionad Acmhainní Nádúrtha CTR to take part in new research project WhatsApp WhatsApp LUH still not ready to restore IT systemslast_img read more