It’s been well more than a year in the making, and now Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux has a date set for its newest location.Located at 2729 Jimmy Johnson Blvd. in Port Arthur, the restaurant opens to the public on Jan. 11.Last month, the signature sports bar and family friendly restaurant announced it was seeking up to 225 individuals to join its team. Interested candidates were encouraged to apply at walk-ons.com/careers.Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux includes 10,700-square-feet of space, more than 80 TVs, an expansive patio and a variety of local beers on tap. (Candace Hemelt/The News)With a talented staff now in place, Franchisee C.O. Vallet said they are very excited to introduce Walk-On’s Louisiana-inspired menu to Port Arthur, Mid-County and beyond. “Port Arthur is very close to the Louisiana border, so we feel confident that the community will become big fans of Walk-On’s signature Cajun cuisine served in a family-friendly, game-day atmosphere,” Vallet said last month.The grand opening fun includes free mini footballs autographed by New Orleans Saints superstar and Walk-On’s Co-Owner Drew Brees and a chance to win free Walk-On’s for a year.The 10,700-square-feet restaurant features more than 80 TVs, an expansive patio and a variety of local beers on tap.When the restaurant opens, it will be the first Walk-On’s in Port Arthur, 15th in Texas and 46th systemwide. Each dish is made from scratch, using fresh ingredients to bring its mouthwatering, Cajun cuisine to life.The diverse menu features unique twists on game-day staples and upscale takes on Louisiana mainstays, such as crawfish etouffee, duck and andouille gumbo and Krispy Kreme donut bread pudding. For a complete menu, locations and more information, visit walk-ons.com.When Valet announced the project in 2019, he told Port Arthur Newsmedia of the special meaning behind its location. His wife, Cindy, is a Port Arthur native and 1972 graduate of Thomas Jefferson High School.
A fixed-price legal services provider today became the first new entrant of the alternative business structure era to enter the commercial market. Riverview Law, backed with funding from global firm DLA Piper, aims to attract every type of client from small and medium-sized businesses to large corporations. The firm’s offer includes annual contracts providing unlimited legal advice, the scrapping of hourly billing and fixed fees on all services. Large organisations will be invited to outsource in-house legal functions to Riverview Law, also at a fixed price. A team of around 75 lawyers has been recruited, including 43 barristers – 12 Queen’s counsel, to provide legal support in a corporate – rather than partnership – structure. The new firm is a trading name of LawVest Ltd, whose shareholders include DLA Piper and AdvisorPlus, a provider of outsourced HR, employment and health and safety advice. LawVest’s chief executive, Karl Chapman (pictured), said: ‘We have many advantages law firms don’t have; we started with a blank piece of paper, we spent time talking to businesses about what they want, and then we designed an operating and customer service model that delivers it – top lawyers, legal assistants and customer support people, combined with end-to-end technology and low overheads. ‘Some law firms have already said to us that it won’t work because it’s impossible to deliver comprehensive fixed pricing. Our response is simple: maybe you can’t deliver fixed pricing, but we can.’ Riverview Law says it can offer businesses with up to 1,000 employees annual contracts for all their day-to-day legal support from £200 a month. The level of funding from DLA Piper has not been disclosed, but the deal raises the possibility of the established firm competing for business with its new partner. DLA Piper co-chief executive Sir Nigel Knowles is the non-executive chairman of LawVest.
Share Minister for Water Resource Management, Reginald Austrie and Brazil’s Ambassador Jose Marcos Viana at Monday’s signing ceremony.Dominica is looking to Brazil for assistance with major improvements to its water supply. On Monday, Dominica signed a proposal for cooperation between the Brazilian Water Agency and the Dominica Water and Sewerage Company (DOWASCO). According to Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, Roosevelt Skerrit, DOWASCO has faced tremendous challenges in ensuring that every house on the island has pipe borne water.Mr Skerrit noted that due to the increase in developing communities across the island, the demand for pipe borne water has increased significantly. “We look forward to that kind of expertise from Brazil to continue to assist us in maintaining the highest quality of potable drinking water,” he said. Mr Skerrit added that one of the things Dominica is seeking assistance from Brazil for is in addressing situations where there is no gravity flow to facilitate water supply. “We do not have the opportunity for gravity flow because the cost of electricity to pump the water up the hill to people’s homes is very costly, and in many communities where we have such a system the water bills which you pay is nowhere close to the recurrent cost”.This is critical, the Prime Minister explained, as DOWASCO has had to expend finances “to keep the water flowing into your homes”.“So it’s something that I would like to see if Brazil can assist us in addressing the issue where there is no gravity flow, how can we cause the water to get to our homes without the use of fossil fuel to assist us in pumping the water supplies out,” PM Skerrit noted.Meanwhile, Prime Minister Skerrit indicated that a team of technical experts from Brazil could visit Dominica soon to assist in the improvement of the water supply here. “DOWASCO has an exceptional track record in maintaining the quality, but always the more you can learn, the more technical assistance you can get, is better for all of us in this country and we look forward to that kind of cooperation with Brazil,” PM Skerrit said.Dominica Vibes News 11 Views no discussions Share Tweet Share LocalNews D/ca seeking Brazil’s support to improve its water system by: – July 10, 2014 Sharing is caring!
Kirsty Wigglesworth/WPA Pool/Getty Images(JERUSALEM) — A former top aide to Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to testify against the Israeli prime minister in two corruption cases, according to the BBC.Local media reported that Ari Harow, who is Netanyahu’s former chief of staff, will offer his testimony under a plea bargain in an investigation that involves himself, according to the BBC. Netanyahu, who has denied any wrongdoing, has been questioned three times by the police regarding the investigation, the BBC reported. The cases involve allegations that Netanyahu and his family accepted gifts from wealthy businessmen and tried to strike a deal with one of the country’s biggest newspapers in exchange for more favorable coverage by offering to limit the circulation of a rival outlet, according to the BBC. Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related