ITALY: Campania regional train operator Ente Autonomo Volturno has ordered five Stadler diesel-battery multiple-units by using an option within a framework contract for up to 50 units which Lombardia regional railway FNM signed with the Swiss manufacturer in November.The two operators said this arrangement would enable them both to order high quality trains while benefiting from economies of scale and short delivery timescales, and could be a model for other regional train operators to adopt. The EAV order announced on May 27 is worth €35m plus VAT, including maintenance. The DMUs are scheduled to be delivered in 36 months, and will be used on the 42 km route from Napoli to Piedimonte Matese.The DMUs will be 66·80 m long with 168 seats and a maximum speed of 140 km/h. Each will have three passenger cars and a power module housing two Stage V compliant diesel engines with SCR catalytic converters powering two sets of batteries. This will enable zero-emission and low-noise operation at stations as well as reducing emissions in urban areas, while also improving acceleration.The fleet will have LED lighting, wi-fi, 220 V and USB sockets, passenger information systems, CCTV and sliding steps to cover the gap between the doors and platform edges.
8 MOST DANGEROUS RAINS of All Time | TOP 10 INTERESTING NEWCASTLE’S £300million takeover is done.The Premier League will give the green light for Amanda Staveley’s Saudi-backed consortium to take control of the St James’ Park club — when the transfer of funds are sorted.Newcastle are on the brink of being taken over by Amanda Staveley’s consortium, who are backed by Saudi ArabiaCredit: Getty Images – GettyToon fans could be poised to get their wish and finally see the back of owner Mike AshleyCredit: PA:Press AssociationThere had been a delay while authorities work on Project Restart as they try to get the game up and running amid the Covid-19 crisis.SunSport understands the League’s owners and directors test found no barrier to the takeover.Financier Staveley, who is fronting the bid, is expecting official word next week.Then once the funds and paperwork are sorted an announcement will be made on or around June 1.Newcastle fans want current owner Mike Ashley out after a 13-year reign that saw Toon twice relegated to the Championship. ‘IN THE DARK’They blame Ashley’s lack of investment — with top players sold while St James’ Park and the club training ground have also been allowed to decay.Now the financial might of the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund, and billionaire British businessmen the Reuben brothers, is coming to the rescue with a target of challenging for honours.Boss Steve Bruce said yesterday he was “in the dark” over the bid but feels he can emulate Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby Robson by turning Newcastle into a Champions League outfit again.Mauricio Pochettino and Rafa Benitez are both mooted as replacements but Bruce said: “If it’s good for Newcastle — and the club are going to try to compete with these teams — to be part of it would be great.“I’d back myself, of course I would.”Newcastle loanee Danny Rose said players are being treated like “lab rats” during Project Restart and Bruce added: “He could be less harsh with comments but he’s entitled to his opinion.“If a player or staff, and had reservations, you have to respect them.”Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is behind a consortium on the brink of taking over NewcastleCredit: AP:Associated PressSam Allardyce says Newcastle takeover is going to be ‘very difficult’ for Steve Bruce and compares the situation to his own sacking by new owner Mike Ashley in 2008 Top 5 Best Budget Hotels In Dubai under AED 400 a night. What’s This “Trick” Called? Comment Down Below!! Real or Fake? Shark Attacks Helicopter Source: Soccer – thesun.co.uk Rebekah Vardy scores an impressive penalty in six-inch heels Travel Diary // Vietnam 2017 10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures! People Slammed By Massive Waves 4
“Congratulations to Wales, they were the more clinical side but we gave our all at the Hong Kong Sevens,” Friday said after the loss that denied his side a second Main Cup bow following the Wellington 7s where they lost to England.After both teams struggled to impose themselves at the start, Wales worked the ball wide and space opened up in the Kenya defence. Williams needs no seecond invitation as he touched down and picked himself up to convert his try for the 7-0 lead.Kenya struggled to get much possession and a clever kick by Alex Webber meant that had to take the ball over the line before touching down.Webber threatened to stretch the lead but great defending by Kenya ensured he could not ground the ball and so Wales lead 7-0 at the break.“We can’t land on our backs. No silly 50:50s on the inside. Don’t get caught side on. Push them up the middle,” Friday implored his charges at the break.Soon after the re-start, quick thinking by Williams set Craig Price free to barge over to increase Wales’ lead to 14-0.Again, Kenya could not get the ball off a well-drilled Wales with Williams pulling the strings and their Main Cup semi woes were summed when they got a penalty near their own line, but Michael Wanjala knocked it tap on.With half a minute to go, Wales confirmed their place in the Cup final when youngster Sam Cross scored his first-ever HSBC Sevens try for the final 19-0 score.Earlier, Biko Adema slotted a last-second drop kick penalty to see off Portugal 15-12 in the Cup quarters. 0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000NAIROBI, Kenya, March 24- Kenya were denied a second Main Cup final appearance of the season at the Hong Kong 7s by a clinical Wales side who beat Mike Friday’s side 19-0 in the first semi on Sunday.Lee Williams who grounded the ball to open the scoring was the star of the Welsh side that made their first ever Hong Kong 7s Main Cup final by restraining Shujaa thought out the match.