Security bolstered as challenge to Indonesia vote begins

first_imgBy AP |Indonesia, Jakarta | Published: June 14, 2019 12:47:40 pm Advertising Related News Security bolstered as challenge to Indonesia vote begins The losing candidate Prabowo Subianto claims there was massive electoral fraud and is asking the Constitutional Court to invalidate the election. (Twiiter @Prabowo)Authorities bolstered security in the Indonesian capital as hearings began in a court challenge to the results of April’s presidential election. Nearly 1,000 Kazakhs detained over protests – authorities Ram Nath Kovind’s vote share lowest since 1974: EC data Evangelical, ruling party candidate lead in Costa Rica vote The losing candidate Prabowo Subianto claims there was massive electoral fraud and is asking the Constitutional Court to invalidate the election.In a bizarre twist, Subianto’s claims about the share of the vote he won have continued to change. On Friday, his legal team said he’d won 52 per cent of the vote, down from an earlier claim of 54 per cent and prior to that more than 60 per cent.National police chief Tito Karnavian said 17,000 officers have been deployed. The military said they were backed by 16,000 soldiers.Nine people died in riots in Jakarta last month after official results confirmed President Joko Widodo was reelected with 55.5 per cent of the vote. Post Comment(s)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *